It adheres strictly to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. It will apply to any personal information you provide to us, including:
Age, name, ID numbers, income, ethnic origin, or blood type, opinions, evaluations, comments, social status, or disciplinary actions, employee files, credit records, loan records, medical records, existence of a dispute between a consumer and a merchant, intentions. Personal information does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization for this use.
Personal Information You Provide
Whether you book a trip with Fathom Expeditions, K. Benn Travel or any of our affiliated travel partners, personal information may be required for operational purposes. This policy also includes any information that was forwarded to us by a company or individual that you selected to represent you, such as a Travel Agent.
The required personal information may include: your name, billing and home address, flight and other travel details, credit card numbers, telephone numbers, dietary requirements (if any) and medical conditions relevant to your travel arrangements.
As we are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of "sensitive information" we will assume that you have consented to the collection of all information that is provided to us for use in accordance with this Statement, unless you tell us otherwise.
When you register to receive e-mail newsletters, further information about our trips, or asking a question about a Fathom program, personal information may be collected.
How we use this information
You can use our website without divulging any personally identifiable information including your email address. Our website does not collect personally identifiable information but you may specifically provide such information on a voluntary basis, for example when requesting a brochure, requesting pricing, or accessing reservation details, cruise history or a booking application. Fathom uses such information collected to improve and customize the content you see, to provide the products, services or benefits you request, and to contact you about special promotions and new products. When you submit personal information to Fathom, you understand and agree that this information may be transferred across national boundaries and may be stored and processed in another country which may not provide privacy protection similar to those your country provinces.
Fathom does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with third parties or nonaffiliated companies except to provide the products or services you've requested, or to comply with federal, provincial, or state legal authorities. In some cases, a friend or colleague has requested information on your behalf and you have confirmed this to us, or we have contacted your through publicly accessible directories or databases.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Personally identifiable information is stored on servers that are not publicly accessible. Further, personally identifiable information is only accessed by Fathom Expeditions employees on a "need to know" basis. Credit Card details are not stored on our database when you book, or buy products on our site.
Choice to Opt-out
If you have registered to receive communications from us and later change your mind, you will be given the chance to unsubscribe via a link or "click here." Alternatively you may write to us at the address outlined below.
Access & Correction of Information About You
Anonymous information collected
In order to ensure that our websites are relevant and appropriate to the majority of users, anonymous “click” information is collected from every visitor to this site. This includes pages viewed, date and time, and browser type. IP numbers are used to determine domain type and in some cases, geographic region. We do not make any association between this information and a visitor's identity.
1. Accountability: Our organization is responsible for personal information
under its control and shall designate an individual or individuals who are
accountable for the organization's compliance with the following principles.
2. Identifying Purposes: The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified by the organization at or before the time the information is collected.
3. The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except when inappropriate.
4. Limiting Collection: The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by the organization. Information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention: Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by the law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for fulfillment of those purposes.
6. Accuracy: Personal information shall be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
7. Safeguards: Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
8. Openness: An organization shall make readily available to individuals specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
9. Individual Access: Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall be given access to that information. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
10. Challenging Compliance: An individual shall be able to address a challenge
concerning compliance with the above principles to the designated individual or individuals for the organization's compliance.
Fathom Expeditions Inc.
1623 Altadore Avenue S.W.
Canada, T2T 2P8
TEL 001 (403) 619-4404
FAX 001 (587) 349-4921